On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 02:48:56PM +0100, Alan Third wrote: > On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 05:56:32AM -0500, Stefan Kangas wrote: > > But is there anything lacking in Emacs' SVG and/or image support? For > > example, it would be very nice to be able to just do something similar > > to what you would do with CSS in a browser: give `:height "1em" and have > > it work automatically. Is it worth filing a feature request about this, > > or are we happy with the state of things? > > I don't see any reason why we couldn't support CSS style units. At the > point that we're creating the image we have access to the complete > face information so it would be fairly simple to convert things like > '1em' to a number of pixels. > > Although maybe we'd like to make it a bit more lispy and do something > like ":height '(1 . em)". It's easier to parse in C. ;) See attached. I've only put in "em", as I don't know what other units might be of use, or are easy to get our hands on. -- Alan Third