On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 02:16:43PM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Evgeny Zajcev writes: > > > I vote for "best" everywhere by default, making doc-view shine out-of-box > > doc-view can call create-image with :filter 'best, so what's best for > doc-view is pretty much irrelevant as to what the default should be. > > The current default works pretty well for most images (just not on > text), so I think it makes sense to not change the default. Attached is a patch that should allow us to set smoothing using ":transform-smoothing t", or nil to disable it and use nearest neighbour. Also sm in image mode lets you set it directly, and doc-view will always use it. I'm not sure about the term "smoothing", but it seemed better than filter or similar. I dunno. Anyway, it needs a news entry and documentation written, but I'll do that later. -- Alan Third