On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 11:59:39AM +0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote: > writes: > > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 11:25:25AM +0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote: > > > >> If acceptable, it looks good. I could imagine that it should be OK if > >> we point to GitHub, since we are just using it as a Git host. Here are > >> a few suggestions > > > > I won't object, as long as I can excise it with my own > > hands. I don't like to see how That Company silently > > slithers into more and more basic infrastructure. > > What do you mean by "exercise"? Install the rules manually? I said "excise". More traumatic :-) > Perhaps it would be better to download tarballs instead of cloning a > repository of the depth 1? They are easier to configure and usually > faster to download. The result should be the same anyway. Yes, perhaps. Personally, I try as hard as I can to keep a safe distance between github and myself. Probably off-topic here going into too much detail why. Cheers & thanks nevertheless for your hard work :) -- t