On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 08:27:56PM -0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: [...] > Okay, here's a first stab. I read the paper, and understood about half > of it, which seemed like enough. It was interesting to see that the > paper explicitly calls out the exact greedy-matching behavior I'd > encountered. Half of it sounds like double as much as I understood ;-) Seriously: thanks for your work. And thanks to the original authors! > I'm sure I've got some of the conventions wrong, here, and it's > unfortunate that there's already a manual node called "Expression > Parsing", but I don't know what to call this except "Expression Parsing > Grammars"... Hm. Perhaps "Parsing Expression Grammars" might be less confusing, since it is the moniker which has established itself. Admittedly, it grammars a bit awkwardly, but people having seen it once will rather recognize that one. Cheers -- t