On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 12:42:24PM +0700, Yuri Khan wrote: > On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 at 11:04, Richard Stallman wrote: > > > There was a feature that let you specify, in one package FOO, "Let me > > omit package prefixes when I refer to symbols from package BAR." > > > The general idea is a nice one, but it doesn't work in Lisp. > > This feature exists in C++, Python, Scala, and many other languages, ...but it doesn't lump together a variable, a function (and a couple of other things). Be it because, at heart, they're a Lisp-1 (Python, probably Scala), because they disambiguate types with a sigil (Perl, PHP) -- thus making them a Lisp-1. Perhaps (I've to defer to Richard's experience here; I'm one of those wary of shorthands and wishing for a "real" namespace/module system) Elisp Lisp-2-ness makes things harder. Cheers -- t