On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 08:10:55AM -0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: > > >> And that's about the only hint you get. I was trying to parse a > >> multiword name like > >> > >> Eric Edwin Abrahamsen > > > > Side note: the division between "given name" a "family name" is not > > a universal property [...] > Oh, I've gone down all the rabbit holes... ;-D And this all because a small bunch of PEGs.., > EBDB doesn't force this, it > distinguishes between "complex" and "simple" names, and also allows > "complex" names that only have a given name, or a list of given names, > etc. Input can be done explicitly, field by field, or you can just chunk > a string in there and see what happens. This peg.el adventure is only > about "seeing what happens" with complex names. I think we all got that. Still... ;-) Cheers -- t