Michael Albinus writes: > Arthur Miller writes: > > Hi Arthur, > >> This isn't any kind of drammatic difference for most use; file I/O >> is dominated by disk access anyway, but i still don't like to spend cpu >> on unnecessary evaluations, so I wonder if we could get native predicate >> in elisp? > > I don't know whether we will add this function, but in case of: you > shall call a file name handler first. See for example Fdirectory_files. > > Best regards, Michael. Thanks for looking at this. I have seen in the source code calls to Ffind_file_handler, and have been looking at the function in fileio.c, but I didn't figured out what it really does, so I didn't use it. I tested without and it worked fine :-). Anyway, I have added it now, but I am not sure if I using it correctly, since I am not sure what it does. By the way, what are "special constructs" referred to in the comment?