See how this works.I have done patch between two branches. Please check that handlers stuff. I am not sure how to test it, and am not sure I get those correct; especially tramp-crypt. I am using a regular expression from Dired+ by Drew in two places. I have mention it the comment in ert tests, but don't know how to mention it in the example in manual. Maybe remove example, or maybe it can stay without creds? I also discovered that I wasn't covered with FIXNUM all the way; thought it was unsigned int so -1 would be converted into ffffffff, which would just yeild all results. Seems like fixnum is not what I thought so I have added test for <=0 which return nil. Ert test are mostly foxused on new argument. I haven't found something related to dired in test/src so I have created dired-tests.el. If it shoudl be in some other place I can rename it. Best regards /a