From: Pip Cet <pipcet@protonmail.com>
To: Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, "Gerd Möllmann" <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: scratch/igc warning
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 15:45:25 +0000	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 at 14:43, Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Something in between: the code is trying to clear a struct partially by memsetting starting from a given offset to the end of the struct. However, it's not specific to the igc branch.
>

> I believe it is, I don't see it in my other builds.

I meant the issue, if there is one, isn't specific to the igc branch. The GCC warning appears to be specific to allocation functions not declared with the attributes provided by ATTRIBUTE_MALLOC_SIZE ((1)). If I remove that attribute from xmalloc on the master branch and enable fortification, I see the warning there, as well.

Pip