* completing-read prompt - faces?
@ 2005-07-19 17:35 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2005-07-19 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

It looks as if any properties (e.g. face) belonging to the prompt string you
pass to completing-read are ignored.

This would, I guess, be a new feature request, but is there any chance to
change this soon, so completing-read would respect the string's properties -
at least the face property? Likewise for similar functions, such as
read-from-minibuffer.

* Re: completing-read prompt - faces?
@ 2005-07-22  4:56 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-07-22  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    This would, I guess, be a new feature request, but is there any chance to
    change this soon, so completing-read would respect the string's properties -
    at least the face property? Likewise for similar functions, such as
    read-from-minibuffer.

You could bind minibuffer-prompt-properties not to include the face
property.

* RE: completing-read prompt - faces?
@ 2005-07-22 15:10   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2005-07-22 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

        so completing-read would respect the string's properties -
        at least the face property?

    You could bind minibuffer-prompt-properties not to include the face
    property.

Thanks; I wasn't aware of that variable.

BTW, what's a good way to remove a property and its value from a property
list - in this case, remove 'face and its value from
minibuffer-prompt-properties?

  (let ((minibuffer-prompt-properties
         (rem-plist? 'face minibuffer-prompt-properties)))

so that the resulting plist is the same as before, but without 'face and its
value.

Is there an existing function rem-plist? (I couldn't find one)? If not,
what's a recommended way to do this?