* Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10  1:18 andres
From: andres @ 2012-07-10  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello there!
I want to ask or suggest something; I'm learning to use emacs*, well,
I'll going to the point:

I often translate information from english to spanish, when I do that
always use two window to do my work, I don't have found a funcionality
to connect the two windows the purpose to I move the screen down (I
haven't  saw it in another program), the other window do same, using
number of lines like center point or something like this.

If exist in emacs please tell me where can I read information about
that, if it doesn't exist, I hope to have helped to give an idea :)

With love to Emacs from Costa Rica!!

PS: I don't write very good english
*GNU Emacs 24.1.1

* Re: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10  2:38 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2012-07-10  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> If exist in emacs please tell me where can I read information about that, if
> it doesn't exist, I hope to have helped to give an idea :)

Does C-x 6 do what you need?

John

* Re: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10  3:04 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-07-10  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andres; +Cc: emacs-devel

andres <andres07@lavabit.com> writes:

> I often translate information from english to spanish, when I do that
> always use two window to do my work,

M-x scroll-all-mode RET

* Re: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10  5:41   ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2012-07-10  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: andres, emacs-devel

> > I often translate information from english to spanish, when I do that
> > always use two window to do my work,
>
> M-x scroll-all-mode RET

Nice. I forgot about that one.

When I need this I usually record a keyboard macro that scrolls one window
down, switch to the other window and scroll that down and then switch back
to the first window. scroll-all-mode is of course much easier to use but
maybe the macro trick can solve similar problems.

/Mathias

* Re: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10  5:45   ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2012-07-10  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> > If exist in emacs please tell me where can I read information about that, if
> > it doesn't exist, I hope to have helped to give an idea :)
>
> Does C-x 6 do what you need?

Probably we should mention the different key bindings under this
"prefix" since C-x 6 by itself does nothing:

Global Bindings Starting With C-x 6:
key             binding
---             -------

C-x 6 2 2C-two-columns
C-x 6 b 2C-associate-buffer
C-x 6 s 2C-split
C-x 6 <f2> 2C-two-columns

/Mathias

* RE: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10 15:24     ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-07-10 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mathias Dahl', 'Jambunathan K'
  Cc: 'andres', emacs-devel

To add to what others have mentioned, just FYI:

Generally, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org is a better place to ask questions about using
Emacs than is emacs-devel@gnu.org.  The latter is mainly for discussion of Emacs
development (but there's no harm in having asked here).

* Re: Ask or suggest something.
@ 2012-07-10 15:37     ` Samuel Bronson
From: Samuel Bronson @ 2012-07-10 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathias Dahl; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:45 AM, Mathias Dahl wrote:

>>> If exist in emacs please tell me where can I read information
>>> about that, if
>>> it doesn't exist, I hope to have helped to give an idea :)
>>
>> Does C-x 6 do what you need?
>
> Probably we should mention the different key bindings under this
> "prefix" since C-x 6 by itself does nothing:
>
> Global Bindings Starting With C-x 6:
> key             binding
>
> C-x 6 2 2C-two-columns
> C-x 6 b 2C-associate-buffer
> C-x 6 s 2C-split
> C-x 6 <f2> 2C-two-columns

Or we could mention the key sequence C-x 6 C-h to display this
information.