I suggested we allow display-completion-list to not strip text properties, to which Richard said OK. Thanks. I also suggested that `read-face-name' take advantage of this by applying the face to the face-name string: > > Or, complete a face name: you see the faces whose names you can > > choose (like `list-faces-display', but with completion). WYSIWYG. > > Attached is a screenshot, to show what I meant. The only change > needed was to make `read-face-name' apply the face to the face-name > string. As Richard's OK came after that in the same thread, I was hoping that that too would be implemented, but I don't see it in a build of March 8. Any chance that could make it into the release? It is much easier and quicker to pick a face name from a list when you can see what the faces look like.