Le 21 septembre 2019 06:07:10 GMT+05:30, Jorge Javier Araya Navarro a écrit : > > >El viernes 20 de septiembre del 2019 a las 1634 horas, Stefan Monnier >escribió: > >>> Wondering this. The only downside of this would be installing more >>> dependencies to build Emacs, say, if someone were to do a >contribution to >>> Emacs core with Rust >> >> There are two problems: >> - imposing an additional dependency for those who compile Emacs (and >> potentially even for those who *use* Emacs if it requires a >specific >> run-time library). >> - imposing knowledge of an additional language for the maintainers. >> >> If the feature is *very* desirable, hard to reimplement in C or >Elisp, >> and is optional, I guess maybe potentially it could hypothetically >> be discussed? >> >> >> Stefan "who likes Rust, FWIW" > >That's what I was fearing, jaja. If a feature fulfills those three >requirements maybe a discussion >about it could (hypothetically) start. Got it. > >Was asking because I would like to run some experiments to scratch an >itch I have, but I did not >wanted to waste time if such thing won't be shipped with the rest of >Emacs (or not? if anything, the >thing I want to do can land on GNU ELPA I guess). BTW, there is remacs ( https://github.com/remacs/remacs) for the particular itch of rust. Thanks -- Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.