* Fullscreen support for Cocoa
@ 2008-12-29  8:27 Will Farrington
From: Will Farrington @ 2008-12-29  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

For a long while, the some Carbon Emacs users have maintained a patch
that allowed Carbon Emacs to support fullscreen like the GTK port
does. Are there any plans to refine and include the path in time for
Emacs 23.1? I would very much like to see this feature included before
release.

* Re: Fullscreen support for Cocoa
@ 2008-12-29 15:49 ` David De La Harpe Golden
From: David De La Harpe Golden @ 2008-12-29 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Farrington; +Cc: emacs-devel

Will Farrington wrote:
> For a long while, the some Carbon Emacs users have maintained a patch
> that allowed Carbon Emacs to support fullscreen like the GTK port does.
> Are there any plans to refine and include the path in time for Emacs
> 23.1? I would very much like to see this feature included before release.

AFAIK Carbon emacs is dropped entirely in 23.1

Cocoa emacs (see "nextstep" dir in emacs CVS sources) is the macosx way
now.  I have no idea if it supports switching to a fullscreen mode.

* Re: Fullscreen support for Cocoa
@ 2008-12-29 17:59   ` Will Farrington
From: Will Farrington @ 2008-12-29 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David De La Harpe Golden; +Cc: emacs-devel

Quicktime support fullscreen, and afaik, it's written in Cocoa.

While this page discusses doing fullscreen in the context of a game,
it demonstrates Cocoa is capable of doing fullscreen: http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000028.php

@ 2008-12-29 18:53     ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2008-12-29 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Farrington; +Cc: emacs-devel, David De La Harpe Golden