I use Emacs mostly in Windows XP. I found one behavior is quite annoying when I am using emacsclient to open a file. e.g., the emacs frame is maximized and then I iconify it into the taskbar, if at this time I open a file using emacsclient, the emacs frame is restored to its normal size (not maximized any more). I want to keep the frame maximized. Many people was bothered by this behavior as I know. Although I have some tricks to change this behavior by hacking elisp, I would still like to seek the possibility to change it gracefully. I check the codes and find the following codes related to it: w32term.c, proc x_make_frame_visible /* my_show_window (f, FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f), f->async_iconified ? SW_RESTORE : SW_SHOW); */ my_show_window (f, FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f), SW_SHOWNORMAL); The line commented is exactly what I want. I wonder why it is commented out and replaced by "SW_SHOWNORMAL" one. Any consideration for it? Can we change it back? I cannot find any description about it in the change log.