* Re: Re: About LaTeX/TeX modes
@ 2022-08-10  6:17 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-08-10  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>Per Starbäck <per@starback.se> writes:

> For what it's worth I still think it would be really good if AucTeX was
> merged into Emacs. Let's avoid the feeling of "when you use Emacs you
> really should first customize it like this and this and this".

> +1

-1
I think AucTeX should be a user choice. I’ve lived only too happily without it and built my own ecosystem for TeX editing (to write my PhD thesis and research documents and teaching materials and and and… ;-) )
I too introduce my students to Emacs but leave it up to them to install AucTeX or not.

//PA

Enviado desde mi iPhone

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-08-10  6:17 UTC | newest]