* emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  4:46 Christoph Scholtes
From: Christoph Scholtes @ 2011-11-08  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

The Emacs Trunk Windows Binaries (bzr revno 106319) have been published in

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

The binaries were built using the following libraries:
giflib-4.1.4-1
gnutls-2.10.1
jpeg-6b-4
libXpm-3.5.8
libpng-1.4.3-1
tiff-3.8.2-1
zlib-1.2.5-2

Please report any bugs that you come across via M-x report-emacs-bugs,
or email bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

For questions, email emacs-devel@gnu.org.

* Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  6:10 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-11-08  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Scholtes; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, Emacs-Devel devel

Hello Chirstoph

> The Emacs Trunk Windows Binaries (bzr revno 106319) have been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Thanks for these binaries.

I do see a build dated Nov 7:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111107-r106319-bin-i386.zip

But there in nothing dated in month of November here:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/

Would it possible for you to move the newly built binary to pretest dir
and assign it a name in 24.0.9* series?

Jambunathna K.

* Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  6:30   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-11-08  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: cschol2112, help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

> From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:40:24 +0530
> Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org, Emacs-Devel devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Hello Chirstoph
>
> > The Emacs Trunk Windows Binaries (bzr revno 106319) have been published in
> >
> > http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>
> Thanks for these binaries.
>
> I do see a build dated Nov 7:
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111107-r106319-bin-i386.zip
>
> But there in nothing dated in month of November here:
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/
>
> Would it possible for you to move the newly built binary to pretest dir
> and assign it a name in 24.0.9* series?

This is not a pretest, but a trunk snapshot.  Why would you want it to
be in the pretest/ directory?  That would be confusing.

* Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  6:45     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-11-08  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: cschol2112, help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
>> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:40:24 +0530
>> Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org, Emacs-Devel devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> Hello Chirstoph
>>
>> > The Emacs Trunk Windows Binaries (bzr revno 106319) have been published in
>> >
>> > http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>>
>> Thanks for these binaries.
>>
>> I do see a build dated Nov 7:
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111107-r106319-bin-i386.zip
>>
>> But there in nothing dated in month of November here:
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/
>>
>> Would it possible for you to move the newly built binary to pretest dir
>> and assign it a name in 24.0.9* series?
>
> This is not a pretest, but a trunk snapshot.  Why would you want it to
> be in the pretest/ directory? That would be confusing.

OK, I understand, it is a question of practice and tradition.

ps: I thought that a trunk snapshot after a pretest is better than
pretest - what with checkin controls and feature freezes etc - and hence
qualifies as a pretest build. I think what you mean here is that - it is
not blessed by the maintainers and it will not be widely announced.

Jambunathan K.

* RE: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  6:53       ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-11-08  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jambunathan K', 'Eli Zaretskii'
  Cc: cschol2112, help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

> ps: I thought that a trunk snapshot after a pretest is better than
> pretest - what with checkin controls and feature freezes etc
> - and hence qualifies as a pretest build. I think what you mean
> here is that - it is not blessed by the maintainers and it will
> not be widely announced.

It is a binary for Windows only.  The pretests are for all platforms (and are
generally not binaries).

* Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08  8:22       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-11-08  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: cschol2112, help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

> From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
> Cc: cschol2112@googlemail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,  help-emacs-windows@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:15:46 +0530
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> ps: I thought that a trunk snapshot after a pretest is better than
> pretest

There's no guarantees about that, although that is certainly the
aspiration.

* Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
@ 2011-11-08 13:23   ` Christoph Scholtes
From: Christoph Scholtes @ 2011-11-08 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kjambunathan, Emacs-Devel devel, help-emacs-windows

Hi,

On 11/7/2011 11:10 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:

> I do see a build dated Nov 7:
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111107-r106319-bin-i386.zip
>
> But there in nothing dated in month of November here:
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/

The pretest binaries follow the official Emacs pretest releases and are
built from the pretest tarball.

The weekly snapshot is built directly from the trunk at whatever
revision it is at when I get to building it on Sunday/Monday. There was
no weekly snapshot last week since the pretest was released (and built)
that weekend.

Christoph