* bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-04 20:36 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2011-01-04 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: emacs-devel

Martin Pool asks that people try bzr 2.2.2 or 2.3beta.
He said there has been a big improvement in network performance
since version 2.0.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation

* Re: bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-05 16:56 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-01-05 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:36:00 -0500
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Martin Pool asks that people try bzr 2.2.2 or 2.3beta.

For the clients, or for the server as well?  If the latter, does
anyone know what version is installed on Savannah?  Maybe Savannah
admins should be asked to upgrade.

* Re: bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-06 18:42   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2011-01-06 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

    For the clients, or for the server as well?  If the latter, does
    anyone know what version is installed on Savannah?  Maybe Savannah
    admins should be asked to upgrade.

I don't know, but I will ask them to install the latest one.
Meanwhile, how about if people try the new client anyway?

--

@ 2011-01-06 19:00     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-01-06 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> CC: wl@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:42:40 -0500
>
>     For the clients, or for the server as well?  If the latter, does
>     anyone know what version is installed on Savannah?  Maybe Savannah
>     admins should be asked to upgrade.
>
> I don't know, but I will ask them to install the latest one.
> Meanwhile, how about if people try the new client anyway?

I do what I can.  bzr 2.2.2 was not yet released in binary packaged
form; when it will be, I'll upgrade.

* Re: bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-06 20:57       ` Bernardo Barros
From: Bernardo Barros @ 2011-01-06 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Depends on the distro, already packaged on Arch

* Re: bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-07  0:43       ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2011-01-07  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> I do what I can.  bzr 2.2.2 was not yet released in binary packaged
> form; when it will be, I'll upgrade.

Debian has 2.3.0 beta3 in unstable.

-Miles

--
Freebooter, n. A conqueror in a small way of business, whose annexations lack
of the sanctifying merit of magnitude.

* Re: bzr network performance
@ 2011-01-07  7:14         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-01-07  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

> From: Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
> Cc: rms@gnu.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:43:42 +0900
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> > I do what I can.  bzr 2.2.2 was not yet released in binary packaged
> > form; when it will be, I'll upgrade.
>
> Debian has 2.3.0 beta3 in unstable.

Thanks.  I don't have enough free time to use unstable and
beta-quality software for packages I don't develop.