* rmail -- rmail-summary movement
@ 2009-01-26 10:15 Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2009-01-26 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When moving in rmail-summary from message to message,
rmail-summary-previous-msg and rmail-summary-next-msg do not honour
the `deleted' label, and will happily move onto a deleted message.
The previous behaviour was that if a message was marked as deleted,
rmail-summary would skip over it.

If the message shows as `deleted' in rmail-summary, the behaviour
works, but the status of each message is cleared with a reissue of
rmail-summary.  (See previous mail entitled `rmail -- summary')

* Re: rmail -- rmail-summary movement
@ 2009-01-26 20:06 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-01-26 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ams; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

> When moving in rmail-summary from message to message,
> rmail-summary-previous-msg and rmail-summary-next-msg do not honour
> the `deleted' label, and will happily move onto a deleted message.
> The previous behaviour was that if a message was marked as deleted,
> rmail-summary would skip over it.
>
> If the message shows as `deleted' in rmail-summary, the behaviour
> works, but the status of each message is cleared with a reissue of
> rmail-summary.  (See previous mail entitled `rmail -- summary')

I cannot reproduce this either.  Could you check if your CVS copy is
completely up to date?

* Re: rmail -- rmail-summary movement
@ 2009-01-26 20:28 Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2009-01-26 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

   > When moving in rmail-summary from message to message,
   > rmail-summary-previous-msg and rmail-summary-next-msg do not honour
   > the `deleted' label, and will happily move onto a deleted message.
   > The previous behaviour was that if a message was marked as deleted,
   > rmail-summary would skip over it.
   >
   > If the message shows as `deleted' in rmail-summary, the behaviour
   > works, but the status of each message is cleared with a reissue of
   > rmail-summary.  (See previous mail entitled `rmail -- summary')

   I cannot reproduce this either.  Could you check if your CVS copy is
   completely up to date?

It is, even did a bootstrap.  Maybe it was something with the
conversion of the old BABYL file?  I'll see if I can get better data;
it is hard for me to read mail right now since rmail is very broken
for me.

* Re: rmail -- rmail-summary movement
@ 2009-01-27 21:19 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-01-27 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ams; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

>    I cannot reproduce this either.  Could you check if your CVS copy
>    is completely up to date?
>
> It is, even did a bootstrap.  Maybe it was something with the
> conversion of the old BABYL file?  I'll see if I can get better data;
> it is hard for me to read mail right now since rmail is very broken
> for me.

Any luck?