* Missing Font Status
@ 2008-05-20 20:09 Paul Michael Reilly
From: Paul Michael Reilly @ 2008-05-20 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In my mind there is a clear font bug in the CVS trunk such that
mouse-set-font reports the Courier fonts missing.  However this might
just be a minority opinion.  I seem to recollect Handa-san saying that
he does not see this problem.  I certainly see it on both my Fedora
and Ubuntu GNU/Linux systems.  I guess my basic question is: do I need
to file a bug report on this issue, or is this a well known issue that
is actively being resolved.

I did notice that the format returned by (x-list-fonts "*") differs
between versions 22.x and 23.x  Is this by design?

Thanks,

-pmr

* Re: Missing Font Status
@ 2008-05-21  0:47 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-05-21  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Michael Reilly; +Cc: emacs-devel

In article <48332FF2.1060300@pajato.com>, Paul Michael Reilly <pmr@pajato.com> writes:

> In my mind there is a clear font bug in the CVS trunk such that
> mouse-set-font reports the Courier fonts missing.  However this might
> just be a minority opinion.  I seem to recollect Handa-san saying that
> he does not see this problem.  I certainly see it on both my Fedora
> and Ubuntu GNU/Linux systems.  I guess my basic question is: do I need
> to file a bug report on this issue, or is this a well known issue that
> is actively being resolved.

> I did notice that the format returned by (x-list-fonts "*") differs
> between versions 22.x and 23.x  Is this by design?

Yes.  I'll make x-* functions related to fonts more backward
compatible after fixing the current several problems.

By the way, I'm now adding a facility to log various font
related operations so that a bug reporter can provide much
more information about what Emacs is doing.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp