* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
       [not found] <E1JO2jm-0000GD-BT@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-20  5:42 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-02-20  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms, emacs-devel

In article <E1JO2jm-0000GD-BT@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Would you please DTRT here, then ack?

I've just added this paragraph in NEWS.unicode,

** Many codepage related functions are removed.  They are:
  cp-make-coding-systems-for-codepage, cp-charset-for-codepage,
  cp-language-for-codepage, cp-offset-for-codepage,
  cp-supported-codepages

and removed the relevant item from FOR-RELEASE.

By the way, what should we do with NEWS.unicode and NEWS.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

@ 2008-02-20  8:20   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-02-20  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> ** Many codepage related functions are removed.  They are:
>   cp-make-coding-systems-for-codepage, cp-charset-for-codepage,
>   cp-language-for-codepage, cp-offset-for-codepage,
>   cp-supported-codepages

Can you mention what anyone using any of those functions is supposed
to do now that they don't exist? (Perhaps there is just no need to
call them any more.)

* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
@ 2008-02-20 10:34     ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-02-20 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

In article <esmypwkpje.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > ** Many codepage related functions are removed.  They are:
> >   cp-make-coding-systems-for-codepage, cp-charset-for-codepage,
> >   cp-language-for-codepage, cp-offset-for-codepage,
> >   cp-supported-codepages

> Can you mention what anyone using any of those functions is supposed
> to do now that they don't exist? (Perhaps there is just no need to
> call them any more.)

Ok, I've just added this sentence.

You don't need them anymore because coding systems created by these
functions are supported from the start now.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
@ 2008-02-20 23:07       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2008-02-20 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: rgm, emacs-devel

    You don't need them anymore because coding systems created by these
    functions are supported from the start now.

The important change is that these coding systems are supported.
So please write it like this:

    The XYZ coding systems are now supported automatically.
    The functions cp-...-codepage, which you had to use in Emacs 22
    to enable support for these coding systems, have been deleted.

* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
@ 2008-02-21  3:38   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-02-21  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> By the way, what should we do with NEWS.unicode and NEWS.

I merged NEWS.unicode into NEWS.

* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
@ 2008-02-21  7:18     ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-02-21  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

In article <03prurm128.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > By the way, what should we do with NEWS.unicode and NEWS.

> I merged NEWS.unicode into NEWS.

Ah, thank you!

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: [rgm@gnu.org: Re: cp-supported-codepages]
@ 2008-02-21  8:16         ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-02-21  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: rgm, emacs-devel

In article <E1JRy2C-0004HR-NZ@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     You don't need them anymore because coding systems created by these
>     functions are supported from the start now.

> The important change is that these coding systems are supported.
> So please write it like this:

>     The XYZ coding systems are now supported automatically.
>     The functions cp-...-codepage, which you had to use in Emacs 22
>     to enable support for these coding systems, have been deleted.

Ok, I changed that section as this:

** The cpXXX coding systems are now supported automatically.  The