* emacs manual / amazon
@ 2008-02-19 23:55 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-02-19 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The Emacs 22 manual is available from Amazon, but there's no picture!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1882114868?ie=UTF8&tag=3636363-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1882114868

That page seems to have a clickable link to send a pic, but I don't have one...

Anyone have a pic of the Emacs manual cover?

[BTW, it would also seem to make sense for the "search contents" feature
to work for manuals...]

-Miles

--
Brain, n. An apparatus with which we think we think.

* Re: emacs manual / amazon
@ 2008-02-20 16:44 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2008-02-20 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

    The Emacs 22 manual is available from Amazon, but there's no picture!

However, it is not a good thing to buy this from Amazon.
People should buy the Emacs manual from the FSF directly.
Likewise for any book from a small publisher: order it from the
publisher, not from Amazon.

Also keep in mind that Amazon is the maker of the DRM-inflicting
Swindle e-book reader.  That is a good reason not to buy from them.