* flymake mode freezes emacs
@ 2007-08-06  7:42 Ralf Schmitt
From: Ralf Schmitt @ 2007-08-06  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

when using flymake with pyflakes
(http://divmod.org/projects/pyflakes)emacs hangs for around 10 seconds
with certain input files. If I load the attached python file and turn on
flymake mode, emacs freezes. If I change pyflakes to only output "could
not compile 'wiki.py':24: it works.
I tested it with the emacs multi tty branch and emacs 22.1. Both do not
work.

-----------------------
.emacs:

(when (load "flymake" t)
       (defun flymake-pyflakes-init ()
         (let* ((temp-file (flymake-init-create-temp-buffer-copy
                            'flymake-create-temp-inplace))
            (local-file (file-relative-name
                         temp-file
                         (file-name-directory buffer-file-name))))
           (list "pyflakes" (list local-file))))

       (add-to-list 'flymake-allowed-file-name-masks
                '("\\.py\\'" flymake-pyflakes-init)))

-----
python file:

#! /usr/bin/env python

import os
from ConfigParser import ConfigParser

def wiki_cdb(path=None):
     """
     from mwlib import cdbwiki
     db=cdbwiki.WikiDB(path)
     return db

def image_download(url=None, localpath=None):
     assert url and localpath, "must supply url and localpath for in
[images] section"
     from mwlib import netdb
     imgdb = netdb.ImageDB(url, localpath)
     return imgdb

dispatch = dict(
     images = dict(download = image_download),
     wiki = dict(cdb = wiki_cdb)
)

Output of pyflakes for this file:
could not compile 'wiki.py':24: