* [zslevin@gmail.com: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow]
@ 2007-08-04 15:15 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-04 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please DTRT then ack?

From: Levin <zslevin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:29:05 +0800
Subject: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow

Start emacs with 'emacs -Q', open a python file with content below:
- --8<--8<--
#This is a comment

def f():
    print "Hello world"
- --8<--8<--

Then narrow region to avoid display of comment:
- --8<--8<--

def f():
    print "Hello world"
- --8<--8<--

OK, now `M-<', `M-x which-func-mode', `M-x indent-relative'.

Then emacs will froze. `C-g' has no effect.

- --
Levin

* Re: [zslevin@gmail.com: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow]
@ 2007-08-04 15:36 ` Paul Pogonyshev
From: Paul Pogonyshev @ 2007-08-04 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel, rms; +Cc: Levin

Richard Stallman wrote:
> Would someone please DTRT then ack?

> [...]
> Subject: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow

I believe this is already fixed by this change (at least I cannot
reproduce):

2007-07-31  Paul Pogonyshev  <pogonyshev@gmx.net>

	* progmodes/python.el (python-current-defun): Adjust to never fall
	into infinite loop.

Levin, can you please test with latest CVS copy?

Paul

* Re: [zslevin@gmail.com: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow]
@ 2007-08-06  2:00   ` Levin
From: Levin @ 2007-08-06  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: rms, Paul Pogonyshev

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030", Size: 806 bytes --]

Yes, it has been fixed with the latest CVS copy. Thanks.

On Saturday 04 August 2007 23:36:54£¬Paul Pogonyshev Wrote£º

@ 2007-08-06 20:35     ` Paul Pogonyshev
From: Paul Pogonyshev @ 2007-08-06 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Levin, rms

Levin wrote:
> Yes, it has been fixed with the latest CVS copy. Thanks.

Hm, it stroke me suddenly that your bug report might have been
about stable Emacs release (22.1.)  Is that the case?  Because
the patch wouldn't apply cleanly to 22.2 branch, so then it's
needed to backport it.

Paul

* Re: [zslevin@gmail.com: [Bug] Emacs frozen in python mode with which-func & narrow]:
@ 2007-08-08  1:57       ` Levin
From: Levin @ 2007-08-08  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: rms, Paul Pogonyshev

Paul Pogonyshev Wrote:
> Levin wrote:
> > Yes, it has been fixed with the latest CVS copy. Thanks.
>
> Hm, it stroke me suddenly that your bug report might have been
> about stable Emacs release (22.1.)  Is that the case?  Because
> the patch wouldn't apply cleanly to 22.2 branch, so then it's
> needed to backport it.
>
> Paul

I'm using CVS copy. But I try 22.1 version just now: which-func-mode is not
available in python mode (I toggle it, but nothing displayed), and the bug
does not exist.

Levin