* Failure to start on Solaris
@ 2007-05-11 18:48 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-05-11 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

ISTR that the last thing that happened in regard to that bug
is that michael.ewe@arcor.de reported more info about how to
reproduce it.  Has any other Solaris user tried to follow that advice
to see if he can reproduce the failure?

* Re: Failure to start on Solaris
@ 2007-05-12  4:27 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-05-12  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: keramida, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:

> ISTR that the last thing that happened in regard to that bug
> is that michael.ewe@arcor.de reported more info about how to
> reproduce it.  Has any other Solaris user tried to follow that advice
> to see if he can reproduce the failure?

The OP said it happened only with a utf8 LANG. There are no utf8
locales on the Solaris machine I have access to and I can't add any.

Giorgos, you were going to try to reproduce this; could you?

* Re: Failure to start on Solaris
@ 2007-05-13 16:53   ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2007-05-13 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

On 2007-05-12 00:27, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:
>Richard Stallman wrote:
>> ISTR that the last thing that happened in regard to that bug
>> is that michael.ewe@arcor.de reported more info about how to
>> reproduce it.  Has any other Solaris user tried to follow that advice
>> to see if he can reproduce the failure?
>
> The OP said it happened only with a utf8 LANG. There are no utf8
> locales on the Solaris machine I have access to and I can't add any.
>
> Giorgos, you were going to try to reproduce this; could you?

Hi Glenn and all,

I don't have a Solaris system with UTF-8 support, but I recently got my
copy of the Solaris 10 and Studio 11 CD-ROM from the "Temple of the
Sun"[1], which I plan to install later today.  I will definitely add
UTF-8 language support this time.

I'll try to get back to you by tomorrow, Monday May 14.

* Re: Failure to start on Solaris
@ 2007-05-15 14:13     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-05-15 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giorgos Keramidas; +Cc: Glenn Morris, rms, emacs-devel

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

>>> ISTR that the last thing that happened in regard to that bug
>>> is that michael.ewe@arcor.de reported more info about how to
>>> reproduce it.  Has any other Solaris user tried to follow that advice
>>> to see if he can reproduce the failure?
>>
>> The OP said it happened only with a utf8 LANG. There are no utf8
>> locales on the Solaris machine I have access to and I can't add any.
>>
>> Giorgos, you were going to try to reproduce this; could you?
>
> Hi Glenn and all,
>
> I don't have a Solaris system with UTF-8 support, but I recently got my
> copy of the Solaris 10 and Studio 11 CD-ROM from the "Temple of the
> Sun"[1], which I plan to install later today.  I will definitely add
> UTF-8 language support this time.
>
> I'll try to get back to you by tomorrow, Monday May 14.

Any luck?

* Re: Failure to start on Solaris
@ 2007-05-15 16:28       ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2007-05-15 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: Glenn Morris, rms, emacs-devel

On 2007-05-15 10:13, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> wrote:

>>> The OP said it happened only with a utf8 LANG. There are no utf8
>>> locales on the Solaris machine I have access to and I can't add any.
>>>
>>> Giorgos, you were going to try to reproduce this; could you?
>>
>> Hi Glenn and all,
>>
>> I don't have a Solaris system with UTF-8 support, but I recently got my
>> copy of the Solaris 10 and Studio 11 CD-ROM from the "Temple of the
>> Sun"[1], which I plan to install later today.  I will definitely add
>> UTF-8 language support this time.
>>
>> I'll try to get back to you by tomorrow, Monday May 14.
>
> Any luck?

no luck yet.  I installed Solaris 11 Express (onnv_55) last night, but
couldn't reproduce this.  I'm setting up a UTF-8 desktop session as I
write this with Solaris JDS to see if I can reproduce the crash...