* Re: 21.4 crashes in mark_object()
       [not found]   ` <11948.1174521717@gemini.franz.com>
@ 2007-03-22 22:50     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-22 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Layer; +Cc: emacs-devel

    After running for days with version 22, I got into a situation where
    buffers started disappearing.  They were all subprocess buffers I had
    used very recently, but when I went to go back to them they were
    complete gone.

That is very strange.  Did they all disappear at once, or did
disappearances happen from time to time?

If it was the latter, could you try running under GDB all the time,
and when the problem starts, put a breakpoint at Fkill_buffer
so that you find out when one disappears?

* Re: 21.4 crashes in mark_object()
@ 2007-03-23  0:07       ` Kevin Layer
From: Kevin Layer @ 2007-03-23  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

>>     After running for days with version 22, I got into a situation where
>>     buffers started disappearing.  They were all subprocess buffers I had
>>     used very recently, but when I went to go back to them they were
>>     complete gone.
>>
>> That is very strange.  Did they all disappear at once, or did
>> disappearances happen from time to time?

They would disappear some time after I created them again.  They were
all shell and rlogin buffers.

>> If it was the latter, could you try running under GDB all the time,
>> and when the problem starts, put a breakpoint at Fkill_buffer
>> so that you find out when one disappears?

Good idea.  Will do.