* [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-07  1:03 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-07  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please fix this, then ack?

From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
To: "Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Date: Tue,  6 Mar 2007 11:46:52 +0100 (CET)
Subject: a bug in global-hl-line-mode

1. emacs -Q

in *scratch* eval these:

(setq eval-expression-print-length 2000)
(setq eval-expression-print-level 1000)
(setq print-length 2000)
(global-hl-line-mode 1)

3. eval lisp-mode-syntax-table with the output to  *scratch*
lisp-mode-syntax-table [ C-u C-x C-e ]

or

C-u M-:
Eval: lisp-mode-syntax-table
RET

Then look at the output using just the mouse; scroll using  <mouse-4> and <mouse-5>. When one presses the left button in the middle of the output, the cursor selects text instead to jump to the correct point.

The problem is in global-hl-line-mode.

* [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-14  3:24 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-14  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]

Would someone please fix this, then ack?

From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
To: "Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Date: Tue,  6 Mar 2007 11:46:52 +0100 (CET)

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-14 10:08 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-03-14 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: A Soare, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> [I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]
>
> Would someone please fix this, then ack?

I believe it was fixed by this change, but it would be nice
if A Soare would verify that it does.

2007-03-10  Kim F. Storm  <storm@cua.dk>

	* xdisp.c (redisplay_window): Don't automatically select a new window
	start for a contination line during mouse-click.

@ 2007-03-14 10:18 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-14 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim F. Storm; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> I believe it was fixed by this change, but it would be nice
> if A Soare would verify that it does.
>
> 2007-03-10  Kim F. Storm  <storm@cua.dk>
>
> 	* xdisp.c (redisplay_window): Don't automatically select a new window
> 	start for a contination line during mouse-click.

I cheched, and selection is ok. But the cursor position is wrong.

When I am at the middle of the line of the output syntax, and I press left button, the cursor jumps on the column where it has to jump, but the cursor's line is wrong.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-14 12:52 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-03-14 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

>> I believe it was fixed by this change, but it would be nice
>> if A Soare would verify that it does.
>>
>> 2007-03-10  Kim F. Storm  <storm@cua.dk>
>>
>> 	* xdisp.c (redisplay_window): Don't automatically select a new window
>> 	start for a contination line during mouse-click.
>>

> I cheched, and selection is ok. But the cursor position is wrong.
>
> When I am at the middle of the line of the output syntax, and I
> press left button, the cursor jumps on the column where it has to
> jump, but the cursor's line is wrong.

The cursor may seems to end up on the wrong line, but it should be
placed on the BUFFER POSITION where you clicked with the mouse.

This is because the screen may scroll a few lines as a result of the
click in such a line, so it just looks wrong.

Please double check!

That scrolling is very hard to get rid of -- so that's for after the
release.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-14 13:10 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-14 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim F. Storm; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> That scrolling is very hard to get rid of -- so that's for after the
> release.

Yes, it is placed on the correct (point) but it scrolls.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: a bug in global-hl-line-mode]
@ 2007-03-14 13:31 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-03-14 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]

A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

>> That scrolling is very hard to get rid of -- so that's for after the
>> release.
>
> Yes, it is placed on the correct (point) but it scrolls.

Thanks for testing.