* TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-14  4:47 Sergio Pokrovskij
From: Sergio Pokrovskij @ 2007-02-14  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Dale Gulledge

Attached please find the Esperanto translation of the Emacs Tutorial,
translated by D. Dale Gulledge and reviewed by me, which now is
submitted according to his suggestion.

--
Sergio

[-- Attachment #2: TUTORIAL.eo.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 18009 bytes --]

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-14 22:47 ` Dale Gulledge
From: Dale Gulledge @ 2007-02-14 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Pokrovskij; +Cc: emacs-devel

Both Sergio and I should have translation disclaimers on file through
our connection with the Translation Project.

@ 2007-02-15  5:05 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-15  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Pokrovskij; +Cc: dsplat, emacs-devel

We have a translation disclaimer from D. Dale Gulledge, so we can
install this now.  Would someone please do so?

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-16  1:56   ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2007-02-16  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, dsplat

In article <E1HHYny-0007yS-Ol@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> We have a translation disclaimer from D. Dale Gulledge, so we can
> install this now.  Would someone please do so?

I've just committed that file.  I also added this entry in
TUTORIAL.translators:

* TUTORIAL.eo
Author:     Dale Gulledge <dsplat@rochester.rr.com>
Maintainer: Dale Gulledge <dsplat@rochester.rr.com>

But, we have these problems.

(1) It seems that the translation is not based on the latest
TUTORIAL.  At least, shouldn't we adjust these heading
lines:

Lernilo pri Emacs
Mallonga lernilo pri Emakso (Emacs). -- La uzokondiĉojn vd ĉe la fino.
Copyright (C) 1985, 2001, 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

(2) At the near end of the file, these lines exist:

Tradukita (C) 1999 de D. Dale Gulledge
Reviziita kaj kompletigita (C) 2005 de Sergio Pokrovskij

Shouldn't it be changed to say that FSF is the copyright
holder?

(3) At the end of the file, these lines exist:

 LocalWords:  Dale Gulledge Ctrl CTL EDIT Alt Esc Blank lines inserted by
 LocalWords:  here startup of help with tutorial lo ang
[...]

Don't we have to delete them?

(4) Currently, we don't have Esperanto lang. env., so we
can't select this tutorial by C-u C-h t.

Should I introduce Esperanto lang. env. now?

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-16  3:50     ` Dale Gulledge
From: Dale Gulledge @ 2007-02-16  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel, rms, sergio.pokrovskij

Kenichi,

(1) Sergio will have to answer which version of the tutorial he based
his updates on.

(2) Yes, as far as I'm concerned the copyright for my translation can be
assigned to the FSF.  Let me know what you need for that.

(3) I don't remember putting those lines in the file.  Sergio, do you
know where they came from?

(4) Yes, I would like to introduce an Esperanto environment.

- Dale

@ 2007-02-17  1:03       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-17  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Gulledge; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, handa

    > (4) Currently, we don't have Esperanto lang. env., so we
    > can't select this tutorial by C-u C-h t.

Handa-san, if you can be sure it won't break anything, then it is ok.

From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-17  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Gulledge; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, handa

    (2) Yes, as far as I'm concerned the copyright for my translation can be
    assigned to the FSF.  Let me know what you need for that.

Since you have both already signed disclaimers for translations, we
don't need anything more for your work.

Thanks.

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19  2:09         ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2007-02-19  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, dsplat

In article <E1HIDyt-0006Hu-Kd@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> (4) Currently, we don't have Esperanto lang. env., so we
> can't select this tutorial by C-u C-h t.

> Handa-san, if you can be sure it won't break anything, then it is ok.

Ok, I've just added that lang. env.  I also modified
mule-cmds.el so that the locale "eo" is mapped to
"Esperanto".

I classified "Esperanto" under "European".  Is it correct?
Or, should we have "Esperanto" at the top level of the
language hierarchy?

And, I added "." at the end of the first line of
TUTORIAL.eo.  So, know that line is:

Lernilo pri Emacs.

But, the other tutorial files has the sentence "See end for
copying conditions." on the first line.  Please send me the
Esperanto translation of that sentence.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19  4:11           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-02-19  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: dsplat, sergio.pokrovskij, emacs-devel

> From: Kenichi Handa <handa@m17n.org>
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:09:07 +0900
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, sergio.pokrovskij@gmail.com, dsplat@rochester.rr.com
>
> Ok, I've just added that lang. env.  I also modified
> mule-cmds.el so that the locale "eo" is mapped to
> "Esperanto".

I think an entry in NEWS is also in order.

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19  5:11             ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2007-02-19  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, dsplat

In article <u4ppikcrg.fsf@gnu.org>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> > Ok, I've just added that lang. env.  I also modified
> > mule-cmds.el so that the locale "eo" is mapped to
> > "Esperanto".

> I think an entry in NEWS is also in order.

Ah!  Just done.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19  8:31           ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-02-19  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: sergio.pokrovskij, dsplat, rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa <handa@m17n.org> writes:

> In article <E1HIDyt-0006Hu-Kd@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> (4) Currently, we don't have Esperanto lang. env., so we
>> can't select this tutorial by C-u C-h t.
>
>> Handa-san, if you can be sure it won't break anything, then it is ok.
>
> Ok, I've just added that lang. env.  I also modified
> mule-cmds.el so that the locale "eo" is mapped to
> "Esperanto".
>
> I classified "Esperanto" under "European".  Is it correct?
> Or, should we have "Esperanto" at the top level of the
> language hierarchy?

I think that Esperanto thinks of itself as a world language, but it is
created basically from Western alphabets and vocabulary.  So I think
"European" would probably not be all too wrong.  Where do we have
things like Brazilean Portuguese or Argentinian Spanish?  They are
basically European languages but are spoken elsewhere.  Esperanto's
relation to Europe could probably be considered loosely similar.

--
David Kastrup

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19  8:50           ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-02-19  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio.pokrovskij, dsplat; +Cc: handa, rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> But, the other tutorial files has the sentence "See end for
> copying conditions." on the first line.  Please send me the
> Esperanto translation of that sentence.

I should also say that I removed your (C) statements referred to
earlier (because you have translation disclaimers on file). If you
want to supply some Esperanto text that says something equivalent to
"Translation into Esperanto by..." (without claiming copyright), that
would be great. (Compare with format used by other translations).

Also, if you could update the license section at the end of the file
to be based on the current English tutorial, which was recently
changed to use the GPL, that would be much appreciated. An Esperanto
translation is already available at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html. You would need to mark
the Esperanto version as unoffical (as described on that web-page),
and give the English version as the official license.

* Re: TUTORIAL.eo (First submission)
@ 2007-02-19 15:29             ` Dale Gulledge
From: Dale Gulledge @ 2007-02-19 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel, sergio.pokrovskij, handa, rms

Glenn,

Yes, there is already an Esperanto translation of the GPL available.
Sergio translated that. I just checked it to be sure and it contains the
paragraphs that state that it is unofficial in both English and Esperanto.

- Dale