* suggestions for outline mode
@ 2006-10-28 18:58 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2006-10-28 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

While reading the NEWS file of emacs, I found some properties of
outline mode missing.  Here my suggestions.

  . If a heading has no children, make C-c TAB behave identical to C-c
    C-s, this is, show the entry directly instead of doing nothing.

  . After pressing C-c TAB to show the children, then moving down to
    inspect the various item lines (without actually opening them) I
    think it would be useful to make C-c C-d the same as C-c C-u C-c
    C-d, this is, to implicitly jump up to the parent entry so that
    the tree gets closed.  This saves two keystrokes and binds a
    useful meaning to a key which is a no-op otherwise.

      Werner

* Re: suggestions for outline mode
@ 2006-10-30 13:33 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-10-30 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    While reading the NEWS file of emacs, I found some properties of
    outline mode missing.

I don't understand "properties of outline mode".  What does that mean?

* Re: suggestions for outline mode
@ 2006-10-30 19:21   ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2006-10-30 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>     While reading the NEWS file of emacs, I found some properties of
>     outline mode missing.
>
> I don't understand "properties of outline mode".  What does that mean?

Mhm, sorry, bad English.  I mean `missing features'.  To be more
precise, I suggest improvements on the behaviour of some keystrokes.

@ 2006-11-01  2:12     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-11-01  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Mhm, sorry, bad English.  I mean `missing features'.  To be more
    precise, I suggest improvements on the behaviour of some keystrokes.

After the release, if some users of outline mode say they agree and
nobody objects, please implement and install them if you wish.