* @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-08 20:57 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-07-08 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would someone please delete all the @tindex commands from the Emacs
Lisp Manual sources?  Then ack?

* @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-08 23:33 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2006-07-08 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman writes:
 > Would someone please delete all the @tindex commands from the Emacs
 > Lisp Manual sources?  Then ack?

What's the point of this?  The node "New Symbols Since the Previous Edition"
is now empty.  Should:

  @node New Symbols, , Index, Top
  @unnumbered New Symbols Since the Previous Edition

  @printindex tp

also be removed from elisp.texi?

* Re: @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-09  3:15 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-07-09  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:57:22 -0400
>
> Would someone please delete all the @tindex commands from the Emacs
> Lisp Manual sources?  Then ack?

I already did (at your request).

* Re: @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-09 19:03   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-07-09 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Richard Stallman writes:
     > Would someone please delete all the @tindex commands from the Emacs
     > Lisp Manual sources?  Then ack?

    What's the point of this?

The symbols that had @tindex were new in a previous edition.  They
aren't new any more.

      The node "New Symbols Since the Previous Edition"
    is now empty.

We can either delete that node, or add new @tindex commands to the
symbols that were not in the previous edition.  Deleting the node
is much easier, so would someone please do that?

(Please comment it out with @ignore.)

From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-07-09 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    > Would someone please delete all the @tindex commands from the Emacs
    > Lisp Manual sources?  Then ack?

    I already did (at your request).

Yes, I saw that after sending the new request.  Thanks.

* Re: @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-09 22:39     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2006-07-09 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 >       The node "New Symbols Since the Previous Edition"
 >     is now empty.
 >
 > We can either delete that node, or add new @tindex commands to the
 > symbols that were not in the previous edition.  Deleting the node
 > is much easier, so would someone please do that?
 >
 > (Please comment it out with @ignore.)

I've done that.  Note that people must have started adding new symbols,
although the old ones might not have been deleted, because the node had 240
lines in CVS but only 160 in 21.4.  However, I'm not sure what the value of
this node was.  Likewise for some of the other lists like "Standard Keymaps"
and "Standard Buffer-Local Variables" - they're just a maintenance burden -
although, having just updated the latter, I'm not suggesting that we delete it
now.

* Re: @tindex commands
@ 2006-07-10 18:20       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-07-10 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

      Likewise for some of the other lists like "Standard Keymaps"
    and "Standard Buffer-Local Variables" - they're just a maintenance burden -
    although, having just updated the latter, I'm not suggesting that we delete it
    now.

I think they are useful to suggest standard values people might want to use.