* face-attribute-relative-p
@ 2006-07-06 13:31 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-07-06 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw

In lispref/display.texi, this comment is before face-attribute-relative-p:

      The functions above did not exist before Emacs 21.  For compatibility
    with older Emacs versions, you can use the following functions to set
    and examine the face attributes which existed in those versions.

Does this really apply to face-attribute-relative-p and
merge-face-attribute?  I do not see why.

* Re: face-attribute-relative-p
@ 2006-07-06 13:48 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-07-06 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> In lispref/display.texi, this comment is before face-attribute-relative-p:
>
>       The functions above did not exist before Emacs 21.  For compatibility
>     with older Emacs versions, you can use the following functions to set
>     and examine the face attributes which existed in those versions.
>
> Does this really apply to face-attribute-relative-p and
> merge-face-attribute?  I do not see why.

I think that paragraph somehow got misplaced.  It is referring to
set-face-foreground, set-face-stipple, etc., two paragraphs further
down.