* isearch-mode-help not bound to any key
@ 2006-05-12  9:29 Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2006-05-12  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

isearch has gotten quite complex, many key combinations to remember.
I think isearch-mode-help should be bound to a key in isearch-mode-map.
I think it should be C-h, but RMS has commented out this key in
isearch-mode-map. Maybe M-h or C-? could do.

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.

* Re: isearch-mode-help not bound to any key
@ 2006-05-13  4:52 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-05-13  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    isearch has gotten quite complex, many key combinations to remember.
    I think isearch-mode-help should be bound to a key in isearch-mode-map.
    I think it should be C-h, but RMS has commented out this key in
    isearch-mode-map. Maybe M-h or C-? could do.

I think that would just make things worse.