* [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: [quarl@cs.berkeley.edu: widget (or recentf)]]
@ 2006-04-30  3:03 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-04-30  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:54:49 +0200
From: David Ponce <david.ponce@wanadoo.fr>
To: rms@gnu.org
Cc: David Ponce <david@dponce.com>
Subject: Re: [quarl@cs.berkeley.edu: widget (or recentf)]

Hi Richard,

 > Could you please look at this?

[...]
 > When I use recentf, the widgets don't accept RET at the end of a
 > button, which has been annoying me for a long time.  Is this
 > intentional widget.el behavior?
[...]

For button widgets that represent files, that has been fixed by the
following change:

2006-04-03  Lennart Borgman  <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>  (tiny change)

	* recentf.el (recentf-open-files-item): Include newline in button
	field, so opening a file will work, when the point is at the end
	of the file name.  Allow, for example, to [i]search a file by
	extension and just push RET to open it.

For other widget buttons this is the "normal" behavior, and IMHO not
an issue (for example, this is true in customize buffers too):

In a widget buffer, when the point is between the beginning and the
end of a button widget, then RET just works.  When the point is at the
end of a widget, it is not considered on the widget but just after it,
so RET will not work there.

I am not sure this behavior should be changed.

Sincerely,
David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-04-30  3:03 UTC | newest]