* [sdl.web@gmail.com: mouse cursor bug?]
@ 2006-03-21 19:26 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-03-21 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would someone please investigate this, DTRT, then
ack this message?

To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
From: Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:04:55 +0000
Subject: mouse cursor bug?

Hi all,

I finally figure out how to reproduce this bug though I have known it
for a while.

1. Fire up gnus

2. middle click a group with a small number of unread articles so that
you won't be interrupted to enter the number of articles. Make sure
you mouse cursor won't be on any clickable text when enter the group.

*NB*: You may need to hold down the middle button slightly longer than
usual when middle click the group.

Your mouse cursor will still has a 'hand shape' after entering the
group. I have recorded this process in a gif file located here:
http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/sl392/emacs/emacs_cursor.gif

Hope you can reproduce this and fix it.

- --
Leon
GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.15) of
2006-03-20

* [sdl.web@gmail.com: mouse cursor bug?]
@ 2006-03-29  8:13 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-03-29  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]

To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
From: Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:04:55 +0000

* Re: [sdl.web@gmail.com: mouse cursor bug?]
@ 2006-03-29 12:35 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-03-29 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Leon, emacs-devel

On Wed, Mar 29 2006, Richard Stallman wrote:

> [I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]
>
> Would someone please investigate this, DTRT, then
> ack this message?

In his most recent message on this subject on emacs-pretest-bug...

Leon wrote:

| It turns out it's dictionary package that is causing the mouse cursor
| problem.
|
| So please ignore this.

As I understand, the problem is in the dictionary package which is not
part of Emacs or in Leon's setup.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,