* [monnier@iro.umontreal.ca: Funny handling of background color for initial minibuffer-only frame]
@ 2006-02-05 17:35 Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-02-05 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would someone please debug this, and ack?

To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:41:53 -0500
Subject: Funny handling of background color for initial minibuffer-only frame

A bug was recently introduced (within the last week or two) which is
triggered by my minibuffer-only setup.

It can be reproduced with the following steps:

   emacs -Q --eval "(setq initial-frame-alist
                          '((minibuffer . only)
                            (background-color . \"red\")))"

you should see a single frame open, with an ugly red background (rest
assured this is not the color I use ;-) where all the text is incorrectly
displayed with a white background rather than a red background.

* [monnier@iro.umontreal.ca: Funny handling of background color for initial minibuffer-only frame]
@ 2006-02-13  4:40 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-02-13  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]

Would someone please debug this, and ack?

To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:41:53 -0500

* Re: [monnier@iro.umontreal.ca: Funny handling of background color for initial minibuffer-only frame]
@ 2006-02-14 15:30 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-02-14 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> A bug was recently introduced (within the last week or two) which is
> triggered by my minibuffer-only setup.
>
> It can be reproduced with the following steps:
>
>    emacs -Q --eval "(setq initial-frame-alist
>                           '((minibuffer . only)
>                             (background-color . \"red\")))"
>
> you should see a single frame open, with an ugly red background (rest
> assured this is not the color I use ;-) where all the text is incorrectly
> displayed with a white background rather than a red background.

The bug was introduced by this change:

2006-01-26  Richard M. Stallman  <rms@gnu.org>

	* xfns.c (Fx_create_frame): Put all specified parms into f->param_alist
	unless they were cleared out.

* Re: [monnier@iro.umontreal.ca: Funny handling of background color for initial minibuffer-only frame]
@ 2006-02-15  4:39   ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-02-15  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    > It can be reproduced with the following steps:
    >
    >    emacs -Q --eval "(setq initial-frame-alist
    >                           '((minibuffer . only)
    >                             (background-color . \"red\")))"

I fixed this.  Thanks for partly debugging it.