* ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...
@ 2006-02-01 10:25 Alexandru Harsanyi
From: Alexandru Harsanyi @ 2006-02-01 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just noticed today that ebrowse.el uses the C-c b key sequence as a
prefix key.

The Elisp Reference Manual, section 'D.2 Key Binding Conventions'
mentions that the sequence C-c followed by a letter is reserved for
users.  Is the reference manual wrong or ebrowse.el uses a key
sequence reserved for users?

Best Regards,
Alex.

* Re: ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...
@ 2006-02-02  4:16 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-02-02  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I just noticed today that ebrowse.el uses the C-c b key sequence as a
    prefix key.

    The Elisp Reference Manual, section 'D.2 Key Binding Conventions'
    mentions that the sequence C-c followed by a letter is reserved for
    users.  Is the reference manual wrong or ebrowse.el uses a key
    sequence reserved for users?

This is indeed a bug in Ebrowse.  We ought to change it.  However, I
don't know what alternative prefix to suggest, because I do not use
Ebrowse.  I am not really sure what it does.

Can peopel who use Ebrowse please suggest what might be a good
replacement for C-c b?

Are these commands used in all buffers?
What do they do?

* Re: ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...
@ 2006-02-02 20:58   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-02-02 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     I just noticed today that ebrowse.el uses the C-c b key sequence as a
>     prefix key.
>
>     The Elisp Reference Manual, section 'D.2 Key Binding Conventions'
>     mentions that the sequence C-c followed by a letter is reserved for
>     users.  Is the reference manual wrong or ebrowse.el uses a key
>     sequence reserved for users?
>
> This is indeed a bug in Ebrowse.  We ought to change it.  However, I
> don't know what alternative prefix to suggest, because I do not use
> Ebrowse.  I am not really sure what it does.
>
> Can peopel who use Ebrowse please suggest what might be a good
> replacement for C-c b?

I don't use Ebrowse, but `C-c C-b' seems like an obvious choice...

> Are these commands used in all buffers?

According to the Finding and Viewing node of the Ebrowse manual,
they are used in C++ source buffers.

`C-c C-b' is already bound to c-submit-bug-report in C++ Mode buffers.
How about `C-c C-f' and/or `C-c C-v', which aren't bound, as mnemonics
for "find" and "view"?

> What do they do?

They display the declaration or definition of a class member.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...
@ 2006-02-03 23:43     ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-02-03 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    They display the declaration or definition of a class member.

How about C-c C-m?  That has no definition in C++ mode,
and m goes with "member".