* Bindings on the mode-line
@ 2005-09-14  9:57 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-09-14  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that mouse-sensitive parts of the mode line look more like buttons, how
about moving mode-line-toggle-read-only, mode-line-toggle-modified et al from
mouse-3 to mouse-1?  This helps preserve the idiom of mouse-3 for context
menus.  I realise that there is no mouse face on text terminals but earlier
this year we decided to turn mouse functionality there off by default (for
xterms), so inadvertant activation is less likely.

Nick