* Failure to update info files.
@ 2004-11-29 23:40 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2004-11-29 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use VC, but I do not believe that this is a VC problem.

When I revert a .texi file in emacs/lispref using `C-x v u' and then run:

make maintainer-clean
./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
make bootstrap
sudo make install

then elisp* in emacs/info does not get updated.  I do not remember
running into this problem before and since I do stuff like that a
lot, it might be due to a relatively recent change.

>From the Makefile:

# make maintainer-clean
#      Delete everything from the current directory that can be
#      reconstructed with this Makefile.  This typically includes
#      everything deleted by distclean, plus more: .elc files,
#      C source files produced by Bison, tags tables, info files,
#      and so on.

Note that it says `info files', but I checked that after `make
maintainer-clean', my info files in emacs/info are still there.
Should they still be?  They definitely _can_ be reconstructed using
the Makefile.

Sincerely,

Luc.