* Weird build problem
@ 2004-09-11  4:24 Paul Pogonyshev
From: Paul Pogonyshev @ 2004-09-11  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I stumble into this problem when building Emacs (when
`bootstrap-emacs' is run for the first time from `lisp/'):

	Cannot open load file: cl-macs

I think I tracked it down.  This (might) be because the
loop that adds subdirectories to load path uses `dolist'
macro, which is defined in `cl-macs.el', which (at the
time the loop is evaluated) is not in the load path.
Phew... ;)

Here is the code that (might) be the cause of the problem
(in `lisp/startup.el', `normal-top-level'):

    ;; Look in each dir in load-path for a subdirs.el file.
    ;; If we find one, load it, which will add the appropriate subdirs
    ;; of that dir into load-path,
    ;; Look for a leim-list.el file too.  Loading it will register
    ;; available input methods.
    (dolist (dir load-path)
      (let ((default-directory dir))
	(load (expand-file-name "subdirs.el") t t t))
      (let ((default-directory dir))
	(load (expand-file-name "leim-list.el") t t t)))

Paul