* uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-23 21:31 John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2003-12-23 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: eliz, savannah-hackers

The commits to the Emacs sources made by Nick Roberts and me
post-crack have weird values for the author: uidXXXXX instead of
nickrob or jpw, eg:

RCS file: /cvsroot/emacs/emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v
Working file: ChangeLog
head: 1.5533
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
[...]
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 6019;	selected revisions: 6019
----------------------------
revision 1.5533
date: 2003/12/23 20:30:10;  author: uid67241;  state: Exp;  lines: +24 -0
*** empty log message ***
----------------------------
revision 1.5532
date: 2003/12/23 20:25:22;  author: uid65992;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -0
*** empty log message ***
----------------------------
revision 1.5531
date: 2003/12/03 08:33:20;  author: handa;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -0
*** empty log message ***
----------------------------

* Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-24  6:11 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-12-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, emacs-devel

> From: John Paul Wallington <jpw@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:31:56 +0000
>
> The commits to the Emacs sources made by Nick Roberts and me
> post-crack have weird values for the author: uidXXXXX instead of
> nickrob or jpw, eg:

Thanks for reporting this.  Let's see what savannah-hackers will have
to say.  I don't think this has something to do with my changes to
maintainers' privileges, but who knows?

> revision 1.5533
> date: 2003/12/23 20:30:10;  author: uid67241;  state: Exp;  lines: +24 -0
> *** empty log message ***

Btw, was the log message really empty?  The usual practice is to use
the ChangeLog entry (with the file name stripped) for the log message.

* Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-24 15:02 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2003-12-24 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> > revision 1.5533
> > date: 2003/12/23 20:30:10;  author: uid67241;  state: Exp;  lines: +24 -0
> > *** empty log message ***

> Btw, was the log message really empty?  The usual practice is to use
> the ChangeLog entry (with the file name stripped) for the log message.

Since the revision number is 5533, this must be the log for the
ChangeLog. This normally is empty. Perhaps the usernames are stored on a
different machine and can't be looked up at the moment.

Nick

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-26 18:54   ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2003-12-26 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, John Paul Wallington, emacs-devel

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-26 23:59     ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2003-12-26 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eli Zaretskii, savannah-hackers, John Paul Wallington,
	emacs-devel

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 01:54:40PM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
> We have notified the FSF sysadmins, they should be working on it soon.

The distinction between `FSF sysadmins' and savannah-hackers is rather
confusing -- is there another email address we should be sending these
problems too (should the `FSF sysadmins' be reading savannah-hackers)?
Is there a way of deciding which problems are `savannah-hackers problems',
and which are `FSF sysadmin problems'?

Thanks

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-27  0:36       ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2003-12-27  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eli Zaretskii, savannah-hackers, John Paul Wallington,
	emacs-devel

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-27  1:03         ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2003-12-27  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel, savannah-hackers,
	John Paul Wallington, Miles Bader

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 07:36:38PM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
> All the details regarding tasks that each group would be performing,
> etc. are being discussed, but I feel pretty sure that any savannah user
> should keep reporting problems and requesting support to the
> 'savannah-hackers' and we will forward those requests to FSF sysadmins as
> needed.
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to ask the users to do the triage
> themselves.

Ok, that sounds good to me.

I thought I detected a note of irritation -- `not our problem but I guess
we'll do something' -- in the savannah-hackers responses that referred to FSF
sysadmin issues, but I guess it was my overly paranoid imagination... :-)

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: uidXXXXX instead of username in log entries
@ 2003-12-27  1:59           ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2003-12-27  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eli Zaretskii, savannah-hackers, John Paul Wallington,
	emacs-devel