* [vms] extending Lisp_Process
@ 2003-07-14 10:15 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-07-14 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw

for vms subprocess support, i would like to integrate Richard
Levitte's external VMS_PROC_STUFF structure into the Lisp_Process
structure.  is that ok?  something like:

struct Lisp_Process
  {
#ifdef VMS
    struct VMS_PROC_STUFF *vms_proc_stuff;
    /* etc */
#endif
    /* existing Lisp_Process members here */
  };

(this example does not actually integrate VMS_PROC_STUFF members,
but you get the idea i hope.)

thi

* Re: [vms] extending Lisp_Process
@ 2003-07-14 13:37 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-07-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

> for vms subprocess support, i would like to integrate Richard
> Levitte's external VMS_PROC_STUFF structure into the Lisp_Process
> structure.  is that ok?  something like:
>
> struct Lisp_Process
>   {
> #ifdef VMS
>     struct VMS_PROC_STUFF *vms_proc_stuff;
>     /* etc */
> #endif
>     /* existing Lisp_Process members here */
>   };
>
> (this example does not actually integrate VMS_PROC_STUFF members,
> but you get the idea i hope.)

I don't see a problem with it, other than the fact that you won't want
to include it at the very beginning since the GC assumes that the
structure starts with a `size' and a `next' field like all other
vectors and VectorLike structs.

* Re: [vms] extending Lisp_Process
@ 2003-07-14 15:50 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-07-14 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

    for vms subprocess support, i would like to integrate Richard
    Levitte's external VMS_PROC_STUFF structure into the Lisp_Process
    structure.  is that ok?  something like:

    struct Lisp_Process
      {
    #ifdef VMS
	struct VMS_PROC_STUFF *vms_proc_stuff;
	/* etc */
    #endif
	/* existing Lisp_Process members here */
      };

As long as it's in a VMS conditional, I have no objection.

* Re: [vms] extending Lisp_Process
@ 2003-07-14 21:19   ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-07-14 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs@cs.yale.edu> writes:

   I don't see a problem with it, other than the fact that you won't want
   to include it at the very beginning since the GC assumes that the
   structure starts with a `size' and a `next' field like all other
   vectors and VectorLike structs.

good thing to keep in mind.  thanks for the tip.

thi