* command-line-args problem
@ 2002-09-10 22:17 Vinicius Jose Latorre
From: Vinicius Jose Latorre @ 2002-09-10 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Folks,

Browsing the manuals with info, there is the following documentation:

    - Variable: command-line-args
	The value of this variable is the list of command-line arguments
	passed to Emacs.

But when I start emacs with:

   emacs -q --no-site-file -fg white -bg black

I got the following value:

   C-h v command-line-args RET

   command-line-args's value is ("emacs")

   Documentation:
   Args passed by shell to Emacs, as a list of strings.

Shouldn't it be ("emacs" "-q" "--no-site-file" "-fg" "white" "-bg" "black") ??

Am I missing something?

I'm using:
GNU Emacs 21.2.90.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-05-27 on hillux.cpqd.com.br

Vinicius

* Re: command-line-args problem
@ 2002-09-11 20:03 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-09-11 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

	- Variable: command-line-args
	    The value of this variable is the list of command-line arguments
	    passed to Emacs.

Many arguments get deleted when they are handled.  I tend to think
that it is not worth changing this, but I will document it.

Was there any particular problem you are trying to solve?

* Re: command-line-args problem
@ 2002-09-11 20:30   ` Vinicius Jose Latorre
From: Vinicius Jose Latorre @ 2002-09-11 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> 	- Variable: command-line-args
> 	    The value of this variable is the list of command-line arguments
> 	    passed to Emacs.
>
> Many arguments get deleted when they are handled.  I tend to think
> that it is not worth changing this, but I will document it.
>
> Was there any particular problem you are trying to solve?

No particular problem, only that documentation and implementation aren't
synchronized.

* Re: command-line-args problem
@ 2002-09-12 16:41     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-09-12 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    No particular problem, only that documentation and implementation aren't
    synchronized.

Thanks for reporting it.