From: "Vincent Belaïche" <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
To: "deng@randomsample.de" <deng@randomsample.de>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
	"cedet-semantic@lists.sourceforge.net"
	<cedet-semantic@lists.sourceforge.net>,
	emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: RE: [cedet-semantic] Latest CEDET on BZR does not compile with emacs 24.1
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 21:47:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

It seems that it works perfect. Here is what I got from the command line in another emacs frame:

----------------------------- begin -------------------------
CEDET BYTE COMPILATION STATUS:

Step 1: Byte compile EIEIO...done
Step 2: Creating autoloads ...
Step 2.1: EIEIO Autoloads...done.
Step 2.2: CEDET Autoloads...done.
Step 2.3: EDE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.4: Semantic Autoloads...done.
Step 2.5: SRecode Autoloads...done.
Step 2.6: COGRE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.7: Speedbar Autoloads...done.
Step 3: initialize CEDET from external repository ...done
Step 4: Turning on EDE and Semantic ...done.

Step 5: Build Targets in: ("lisp")

Build Emacs Lisp Targets:
-------------------------
Building directory lisp
  Project: cedet-topdir
  Project: speedbar
   Target opt...                 0 compiled, 6 up to date.
  Project: eieio
   Target eieio...               1 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target examples...            0 compiled, 4 up to date.
  Project: cedet
   Target common...              2 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target subproj-top...         2 compiled, 2 up to date.
  Project: cedet/srecode
   Target lang...                0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target srecode...             1 compiled, 24 up to date.
  Project: semantic
   Target semantic...            1 compiled, 13 up to date.
   Target utils...               0 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target Database...            0 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target tools...               0 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target subprojects-top...     0 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target Languages...           0 compiled, 3 up to date.
   Target maintenance...         1 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target metagrammar...         1 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/wisent
   Target wy...                  1 compiled, 4 up to date.
   Target tools...               0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target wisent...              0 compiled, 6 up to date.
   Target languages...           1 compiled, 4 up to date.
  Project: semantic/symref
   Target symref...              0 compiled, 6 up to date.
  Project: semantic/ectags
   Target ectags...              0 compiled, 5 up to date.
  Project: semantic/decorate
   Target decorate...            0 compiled, 2 up to date.
  Project: semantic/bovine
   Target by...                  5 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target bovinator...           0 compiled, 3 up to date.
   Target languages...           0 compiled, 8 up to date.
  Project: semantic/analyze
   Target analyze...             0 compiled, 4 up to date.
  Project: EDE
   Target ede...                 1 compiled, 15 up to date.
   Target proj-project...        1 compiled, 12 up to date.
   Target projects...            1 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target aux-lisp...            1 compiled, 1 up to date.
  Project: cedet/cogre
   Target wy...                  0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target dot...                 0 compiled, 2 up to date.
   Target Mode...                0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target hacks...               0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target cogre...               0 compiled, 7 up to date.

Done.

 ----------------------------- end -------------------------

Then I did some make clean-all, and then I tried M-x cedet-build-in-this-emacs, and then I got this:

 ----------------------------- begin -------------------------

CEDET BYTE COMPILATION STATUS:

Step 1: Byte compile EIEIO...
 ----------------------------- end -------------------------
and then it kind of got frozen. In the *Message* buffer there was:

progn: You should not recompile EIEIO after it has been loaded, which

Then I tried again from the command line --- but within some EMACS MSYS bash buffer, with putting -batch in the command line and I got:

 ----------------------------- begin -------------------------

/c/Programme/GNU/installation/cedet-install/cedet>emacs -batch -l cedet-build.el -f cedet-build

Wrote c:/Programme/GNU/installation/cedet-install/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio.elc

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp opt>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp eieio>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp examples>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp common>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp subproj-top>

Package `srecode-template-wy' is up to date.
All Semantic Grammar sources are up to date in #<semantic-ede-proj-target-grammar lang>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp srecode>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp semantic>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp utils>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp Database>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp tools>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp subprojects-top>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp Languages>

All Emacs Lisp sources are up to date in #<ede-proj-target-elisp maintenance>

Package `semantic-grammar-wy' is up to date.
All Semantic Grammar sources are up to date in #<semantic-ede-proj-target-grammar metagrammar>

Saving file c:/Programme/GNU/installation/cedet-install/cedet/lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el...
Wrote c:/Programme/GNU/installation/cedet-install/cedet/lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el
CEDET BYTE COMPILATION STATUS:

Step 1: Byte compile EIEIO...done
Step 2: Creating autoloads ...
Step 2.1: EIEIO Autoloads...done.
Step 2.2: CEDET Autoloads...done.
Step 2.3: EDE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.4: Semantic Autoloads...done.
Step 2.5: SRecode Autoloads...done.
Step 2.6: COGRE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.7: Speedbar Autoloads...done.
Step 3: initialize CEDET from external repository ...done
Step 4: Turning on EDE and Semantic ...done.

Step 5: Build Targets in: ("lisp")

Build Emacs Lisp Targets:
-------------------------
Building directory lisp
  Project: cedet-topdir
  Project: speedbar
   Target opt...                 0 compiled, 6 up to date.
  Project: eieio
   Target eieio...               0 compiled, 6 up to date.
   Target examples...            0 compiled, 4 up to date.
  Project: cedet
   Target common...              0 compiled, 18 up to date.
   Target subproj-top...         0 compiled, 4 up to date.
  Project: cedet/srecode
   Target lang...                0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target srecode...             0 compiled, 25 up to date.
  Project: semantic
   Target semantic...            0 compiled, 14 up to date.
   Target utils...               0 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target Database...            0 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target tools...               0 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target subprojects-top...     0 compiled, 5 up to date.
   Target Languages...           0 compiled, 3 up to date.
   Target maintenance...         0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target metagrammar...         0 compiled, 1 up to date.
  Project: semantic/wisent
   Target wy...                  Create directory d:/msys/1.0/home/Vincent/.emacs.d/semanticdb/ for SemanticDB? (y or n) y
No buffer named java-tags-wy.el
Saving file d:/msys/1.0/home/Vincent/.emacs.d/ede-projects.el...
Wrote d:/msys/1.0/home/Vincent/.emacs.d/ede-projects.el
/c/Programme/GNU/installation/cedet-install/cedet>

 ----------------------------- end -------------------------

Then I did make clean-all again, and I tried again  emacs -Q -l cedet-build.el -f cedet-build and I got:

[...]

   Target wy...                  5 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target tools...               1 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target wisent...              6 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target languages...           5 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/symref
   Target symref...              6 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/ectags
   Target ectags...              5 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/decorate
   Target decorate...            2 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/bovine
   Target by...                  5 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target bovinator...           3 compiled, 0 up to date.
   Target languages...           8 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: semantic/analyze
   Target analyze...             4 compiled, 0 up to date.
  Project: EDE
   Target ede...                 0 compiled, 16 up to date.
   Target proj-project...        0 compiled, 13 up to date.
   Target projects...            0 compiled, 6 up to date.
   Target aux-lisp...            0 compiled, 2 up to date.
  Project: cedet/cogre
   Target wy...                  0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target dot...                 0 compiled, 2 up to date.
   Target Mode...                0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target hacks...               0 compiled, 1 up to date.
   Target cogre...               0 compiled, 7 up to date.

Done.

BTW, I still have the problem with

Package lmenu is obsolete!
Package sregex is obsolete!

Are these packages from standard emacs ?

VBR,
   Vincent