From: Steven Tamm <steventamm@mac.com>
Cc: emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: ChangeLog computation with savannah: "cvs server: nothing known about ymakefile"
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:01:06 -0700	[thread overview]

C-x v a or (vc-update-change-log) is to what I was referring.  It seems
to work now, and the results it produces are, as is readily apparent,
useless.  It regenerates the entire changelog, not just finding all the
changes in the current directory and prepending them to the Log; which
is what I would expect.  cvs2cl.pl includes a parameter "--accum" which
does what I think it should.

Doing it "by hand" was doing C-x 4 a, which means I need to go to each
functional difference and modify the changelog individually.  However,
if C-x 4 a works from a *vc-diff*, then I can figure it out from there;
I've only tried it from vc-log or cvs-commit, so I assumed it didn't
work.

Thanks!
-Steven