There are (I believe) four pieces to get Tree Sitter major modes to work. Emacs needs to be compiled with tree-sitter enabled The tree sitter binary needs to be installed The tree sitter language specific parser needs to be installed The appropriate major mode needs to be loaded and enabled Is there a page either in Info or on the web that contains all these steps? If not, and others agree, how can I help create one? I am thinking the entire page should be small and brief with references to more elaborate details on each of the four steps if needed. Perry