* NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-09  6:12 Adrian Robert
From: Adrian Robert @ 2014-11-09  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org Development; +Cc: Jan Djärv

Hi,

I get a compile error from trunk

> nsterm.m:3922:11: error: use of undeclared identifier 'update_p'
>          update_p = YES;
>          ^
> nsterm.m:3926:7: error: use of undeclared identifier 'update_p'
>  if (update_p)

Adding a definition at nsterm.m: 3855:

  BOOL update_p = YES;

“fixes" it, but I don’t think it is right since it looks from the changes like ns_set_vertical_scrollbar() and ns_set_horizontal_scrollbar() were seen as one function.  I’m not sure if this error was in the original emacs-24 branch or came from the merge to trunk.  (Was the ‘horizontal’ method created in trunk?  If so there may be a number of other divergences to look at.)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2014-11/msg00117.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2014-11/msg00120.html

thanks,
Adrian

* Re: NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-09 10:36 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2014-11-09 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Robert; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

Hi.

The bzr merge did some strange things, fixed now.

	Jan D.

@ 2014-11-09 19:40   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-11-09 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan D.; +Cc: Adrian Robert, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

Sorry if I messed that up. There are a lot of merge conflicts these days,
though I don't remember getting one with that change.

* Re: NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-09 21:25     ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2014-11-09 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Adrian Robert, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

Hi.

> 9 nov 2014 kl. 20:40 skrev Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>:
>

> Sorry if I messed that up. There are a lot of merge conflicts these days,
> though I don't remember getting one with that change.

No problem. I expected problems but not that one.
In the 24 branch there is just one scroll function, but in trunk there are two,
one for vertical, and one for horizontal.  Bzr applied half of the change to one function and the other half to the other.  It did not mark any conflict.

I have only seen this merge behavior in Perforce before, but that is known for doing merges badly.  Lets just hope Git does better.

       Jan D.

* Re: NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-09 22:57       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-11-09 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan D.; +Cc: Adrian Robert, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

Actually, I might have applied that diff by hand...

* Re: NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-10  6:17         ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2014-11-10  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Adrian Robert, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

> 9 nov 2014 kl. 23:57 skrev Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>:
>

> Actually, I might have applied that diff by hand...

Oops :-)

      Jan D

* Re: NS compile error after trunk merge r118324
@ 2014-11-10  7:40           ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-11-10  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: Adrian Robert, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

BTw, if you (anyone) knows there is going to be a non-trivial merge
conflict, you can mark the emacs-24 change "do not merge to trunk" and
apply it by hand yourself to trunk.