From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <paranda@it.uc3m.es>
To: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
Cc: Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com>,
	emacs-devel@gnu.org, Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Subject: Re: Just a thought about comment-line
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 07:18:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hey,

thanks for all the answers so far. It's nice to see people getting
passionate about this.
I too had my code to deal with (bol-p end-of-region) and I'm passing it on
to people,
but I started writing a short introduction for students who get interested
in Emacs by
seeing how I use it and well, it'd be so much better for Emacs if I could
get one of the
FAQ answered by something like 'customise variable so-and-so to get your
desired
behaviour' instead of 'include <listing 100> in your .emacs.d/functions.el
and bind function
sensible-comment-lines to M-;'

I hope the discussion crystallises in some better future :-)

Best, /PA
PS: and as my signature translates ;-) "questions exist to be made, not to
be answered"

--
---
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ

"Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden.
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden" Georg Kreisler