By this standard, I have more than a couple of voices in favour of it. Should it happen, given the stage the emacs29 branch is in? (Apologies for the cc if you are not the right person, or if you are not interested, Eli) On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 at 06:23, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > I haven't seen anyone argue that YAML is a programming language per > se, and > > I don't believe that either. However, to me there is a prevalent > feeling > > that it would be nice and consistent with the other elpa shipped modes > of > > similar languages inherit from prog mod. > > Practically speaking, will users who customize prog-mode prefer for those > customizations to affect the YAML mode? Or will they be happier > if it does not? > > This is what determines whether YAML mode should inherit from > prog-mode. > > -- > Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org) > Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org) > Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org) > Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org) > > >