On 15 March 2018 at 15:30, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:38 AM Richard Copley wrote: > >> "A" and "B" are the names diff3 uses for the conflict markers. >> > > I would find that very confusing in Smerge. > > >> "A" and "B" are the names used in the documentation. >> > > Which documentation? If Smerge documentation, then it should be fixed to > update to the convention of upper/lower? > Yes, the smerge documentation, and no, because UPPER and LOWER are wrong, in some use cases. > > >> "UPPER" and "LOWER" are useless since they don't match up with anything >> else (the conflict markers and the documentation). >> > > I have never found that convention confusing.. We are strictly speaking of > the use of upper/lower in Smerge. > I'm not sure what you mean. We're talking about the same change. Perhaps its effects are wider than you think. > "UPPER" and "LOWER" are confusing since they are often shown on the left >> and right respectively. >> > > Hmm, the conflicts don't show up left/right for me.. How are you using > Smerge? > Please see my reply to Stefan. How are you using it? > > >> Why is this change good? What am I missing? >> > > Well, it worked great for me. FYI, I am just an Smerge user (not > contributor), and this was a welcome change for my use case.. never done > conflict merging using Smerge using left/right orientation as you suggest. > -- > > Kaushal Modi >