On Fri, 17 May 2019 at 04:05, Stefan Monnier wrote: > >> No, this setting is to make it easier for the other ELPA archives which > >> (AFAIK) don't sign their packages (and in any case, Emacs doesn't come > >> with the keys for those). > > Perhaps package-check-signatures should be per-repository, so we are > > warned when the Gnu ELPA signature check fails. > > You should be loudly warned already, if you use the default value > (unless you don't have GPG installed, IIRC). > Also, you can get the effect of per-repository package-check-signatures using the defcustom 'package-unsigned-archives' ("List of archives where we do not check for package signatures").